Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Saturday, July 24, 2010

It's Elementary, my dears

I've got a thousand things on my plate this morning - more than I can say grace over - and a thousand more things in my head which have not yet come together to make a coherent thought for a blog post.

So, I'm keeping it light and fun today.  Sorta. Kinda. Maybe.

Well, I'm going to try, anyway.

I love these graphs (thank you, Doug).  I swear to God, we're becoming a nation of idiots.  Everything is "dummied down," it seems to me, and there is nothing - not even the simplest thought - that can't be reduced to a spread sheet or graph form so we can "better understand".

It's like we're all back in Elementary School. "See Spot run."

Someone obviously shares my perspective and put these graphs together. 

I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Oh, and if you've got a minute, would you feed the fish?  Scroll down a bit and look to the right side of the screen.  If you "click" on the water, little pink dots will appear and the fish will go into a feeding frenzy.  I usually feed them several times a day, but I fear I won't have a chance today. ;`)

Off I go, then, into the fray.  We'll talk tomorrow.  Promise.

7 comments:

whiteycat said...

These are great! Especially the one on the supermarket express line which I call the distress line. Very few people know how to count to ten.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

"People who don't know how to count to ten." I think there's a graph for that. ;~)

Ann said...

Solving a computer's issues -- absolutely - my cure for everything electronic

Lerewayah said...

Maybe they're accidentally counting in binary? Which is why they think it's okay to have 1001 items?

Gretchen

Riley said...

The one on the express line rings true. I usually end up behind the person with 11+ items who then whips out the coupons. Grrrr!

Your fish have been fed...twice.
I got them all 'frenzied up' for ya. :)

JimB said...

Locally, the major chain (Albertson's) allows 15 items in the "express" checkout. That does not work any better.

FWIW
jimB

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Thanks, Riley. They always seem hungry, don't they. I gave them a wee night time snack just now.