Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Friday, May 01, 2020

Chanting/Singing with Anglican Prayer Beads


I am so very, very grateful to my friend, "Auntie Dasch," for editing this very humble video of my sincere but flat warble of yet another way to pray with Anglican Prayer Beads. 

Why not sing/chant them? 

The thing about these little chants is that they are, as my seminary classmate and colleague Eric Law describes, are "Loaves and Fishes" music. Just a very few notes and even fewer words and you can feed five thousand. 

I find that I chant them again, throughout the day, and I am fed nourished.

Give it a try. The video is below and the chants are below the video.





At the Celtic Wheel (Cross):

||: Come pray with us, the journey is long, the journey is long, the journey is long.
Come pray with us, the journey is long, the journey is long, the journey is long.
The journey, the journey, the journey is long.
The journey, the journey, the journey is long. :||

Second bead up, Invitation:
(or you can say "Know that all is well . .."
||: Know that God is good.
Know that God is good.
Know that God is good.
God is good.
God is good. :||

Cruciform beads:
||: Redeem me, redeem me. I can’t do this on my own. :||

Weekly beads:
Whatever you would like to do.
Just touch, ohm, and move to the next bead
or
Chant or say aloud or say silently your prayer petition:
-> God or a name for God.
-> One of the Seven "I am" for Jesus: The gate/The way, truth and life/The Resurrection and the Life/Good Shepherd/Bread of life/Light of the World/The true vine.
-> The Holy Spirit or a name for the Holy Sprit.
-> Peace
-> Healing.
-> Hope.
-> Justice.
-> The name of the person(s) you are holding in prayer.

Then back to Cruciform beads:
||: Redeem me, redeem me. I can’t do this on my own. :||

Then back to the Celtic Wheel:
||: Go in peace, the journey is long, the journey is long, the journey is long.
Go in peace, the journey is long, the journey is long, the journey is long.
The journey, the journey, the journey is long.
The journey, the journey, the journey is long. :||

Credits
This cycle of singing prayer: Rev. Sylvia Miller-Mutia
Come Pray With Us (Hamba Nathi – South African AKA “You are holy/You show us the way”)
Know that God is good (Mungu mi mwema– Congo)
Redeem Me (Original Leah Cole)


No comments: