Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hot'lanta, here I come



I'm leaving in a few moments to fly to Atlanta where I will be preaching this evening at All Saints' Episcopal Church for their Ecumenical Eucharist before Annual Gay Pride Weekend which they hold every October.

October? Not June like the rest of the country?

I suppose that makes sense. I mean, they don't call it Hot'lanta for nothing.

Pray for safe flight and good weather and that the preacher inspires the congregation.

Off I go then. Peace out!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Must be a Southern thing. We in the Tennessee Valley celebrated Pride Week to coincide with the National Equality March. My parish in Chattanooga hosted the interfaith service. Maybe you could come preach to us next year?

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Tennessee in the early Fall? I'm soooOOOooo there.

Kay & Sarah said...

Welcome to Georgia!!! All Saints is wonderful. Wish you were going to be there next weekend too because we will be there then.

Prayers for your safe travel.

the cajun said...

Safe travels, my dear friend.

MarkBrunson said...

Fall is one of the cooler times for us. Summer, even up on the Piedmont Plateau, is scorching. You really want some joy, come visit us down here on the Coastal Plain in Albany one summer. Even with temps in the mid-90's, humidity takes it up to the low 100's.

You're looking at rain Friday, but the temperatures will be typical Atlanta Fall.