Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

They say it's my birthday


But, you couldn't tell by me - or the day.

It's all good, but I haven't had time to scratch my nose much less blog!

So, here's the Band of My Heart - the Beatles - rockin' out my favorite birthday song.

Now, it's quick into the shower to get ready to go out to dinner with some dear friends. You did know that tomorrow is Ms. Conroy's birthday, right?

I mean, I've told you that our births were 2 1/2 hours apart, right?

Wait . . . but in the same City.

Wait. . . wait. . . wait . . . but in the same hospital.

Crazy talk, I know, but true nonetheless.

We are deeply blessed with a wonderful family, great friends, meaningful (if not often difficult) work, and lots and lots of love.

And, I am filled with a profound and abiding sense of gratitude.

It just doesn't get any better than that.

15 comments:

June Butler said...

A Blessed and Happy Birthday to you, dear Elizabeth. A Blessed and Happy Birthday to Ms Connroy, too. I hope one day to meet Ms Conroy.

Have a lovely evening.

it's margaret said...

It sounds like a good reason to celebrate for a full octave!

Many blessings --to the both of you!

Jane Ellen+ said...

Happy birthday!

As to the "crazy talk," it doesn't sound so to me because the same was true of my parents. Really. July 8, 1936, and Dad was an hour or so older than Mom. It worked for them for decades; hope the same holds true for you. :-)

JCF said...

[Heh-heh: at the cafe I worked at in the 80s, my boss would crank this (song) up for every employee's birthday. There's definitely a difference between Early Boomers---for whom the Beatles are a soundtrack---and Late Boomers (and later!), for whom they are nostalgia (fond nostalgia, but nostalgia nonetheless).]

Happy, happy, Lizbet: to you AND Ms Conroy! Mazel Tov! :-D

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Thanks, Mimi. She is the best birthday present. Evah.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Margaret, it's a great idea. I'll see what we can do.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Thanks, Jane Ellen. Glad to know it happens to others.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

JCF - Actually Dylan and Baez are also part of my soundtrack, too. I think geography has a part to play in that.

JimB said...

Blessed and happy birthday to you both!

FWIW
jimB

Brian R said...

Happy birthday to you both. I am officially a pre-boomer but have always been Beatles mad. Well ever since the youth fellowship dragged me, the leader, to see A Hard Day's Night when I was 20 yrs old.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday and best wishes to you both. May you celebrate many, many more.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

What a wonderful non-coincidence! You two truly WERE meant for each other. You probably had known it all your lives, thanks to that old trickster Shekinah--you just didn't KNOW you knew for a spell!

Frair John said...

Blessed and Happy (belated) Birthday to you both.

whiteycat said...

Blessings and Happy Birthday to both of you! I did not see this until this morning (Thursday) so just keep on celebrating! The octave idea always works for me.

Kay & Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to you a day late and Happy Birthday to Mrs. Conroy on time. Wishing you both the best year ever.