Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Update: Mother


The news is good: My mother's condition has stabilized. She will be transferred to a Rehabilitative Center not far from home where she will continue to stabilize while they work on increasing her strength and endurance. We're figuring she'll be there for about 30 days or so before they evaluate whether or not she can return to her home (she lives with my youngest sister and her family).

"We'll take it one day at a time," Mother rasped into the phone, her oxygen shushing loudly over the phone line, adding, "I'm going to be 85 in July, but I'm not dead yet. Far from it."

Thanks be to God - and to all of you for your prayers and concern and love.

She's a tough old bird.

And yes, the apple does not fall far from the tree.

4 comments:

Jane R said...

Hurrah. (If it weren't Lent I'd say the A-word.) Thanks so much for the update!

johnieb said...

Wonderful news!

To tough old birds.

susan s. said...

Wonderful news!

Wormwood's Doxy said...

I'm so glad that your mother is better!

Is it okay to say "Hallelujah!" in Lent? ;-)