Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Day One: Elegant

Hotel De Londres y Inglaterra


I just wanted to put a few pictures here in my journal.

This pilgrimage is called "Walk in Beauty" and is known as "the kinder, gentler Camino".

The Spanish seem to use this word a great deal " Elegant".

That's really how it has been so far. Elegant

This was my supper last evening. We ate at a five star Michelin restaurant. It was part of the package. Dinner is part of the package. Every night. And, we are eating like this.

Seriously.

Here's the menu from La Muralla - a five star Michelin eatery in San Sebastian


You'll be able to see it below, but I stated with the Ensalada de langostinos (shrimp) which was served in an emulsion of avacado and amazing spices and topped with fresh greens.

I didn't take a picture of the rice but it was just a wee small bowl, top with a clam and head of asparagus.

A "taco" is a "brick" of bacalao (cod) or deshusesada (pork).

I had the Cofit of Duck - picture below.

Then came a wee small glass of red juices which tasted like strawberries and raspberries and topped with a dollop of yougurt.

The wine flowed freely during all of this. I very much enjoyed the Blanco Castilo de Aza. It was light and crips with a slight aftertaste of swee fruit.

And, if you know anything about me you don't even have to guess that I had the Bizcocho fluida de chocolate with a small scoop of passion fruit sorbet.

They did make American decaf coffee for us, which was pretty strong and very black. I had it con leche because, well, Spain.

So, here's the feast:

Ensalada de langostinos 

Confit de pato asado

Bizcocho fluida de chocolate
Yes, this is a pilgrimage.

It's called Walk in Beauty.

We are surrounded by beauty.

The meditative word for today was "Savor".

This was part of that meditation.

Buen Camino!

No comments: