Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Talented Mr. Cantrell

Christopher Cantrell is a priest in the diocese of Ft. Worth, where they do not believe in the validity of the ordination of women.

Christopher published this PhotoShop picture of me as Queen Elizabeth I on his blog.

It's just his endearing little way of congratulating me on my election as President of the Standing Committee of the Diocese of Newark.

Poor lamb. He doesn't know that the title "Queen of the Diocese of Newark" has been granted in perpetuity to Louie Crew (who will be soooooo envious of this picture).

You know why Anglicans are such bad Chess players, don't you? They can't tell their bishops from their queens.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. There's just something about this picture that brought out that bad joke.

9 comments:

Jeffri Harre said...

Gee, I don't know, Elizabeth, maybe you should have new business cards made with this picture on the reverse side!! ;-)

Luiz Coelho said...

Even with so much clothing, you still are the Integrity muse.

Rejoice! PeaceBang at MadPriest's place is much more desperate with her outfit.

Bill said...

If memory serves me, as the Queen, this makes you the head of the Church of England and also of the Anglican Communion. Now, why don't you just use that power to do something about the Archbishop of Canterbury. I think Louie would make a great Archbishop.

JimB said...

" I think Louie would make a great Archbishop." I thought you liked Louie! He is a very nice man after all.

The next ABC will have the job of cleaning up the mess the current incumbant has made. If I had a worst enemy, I would not wish the job on him.

FWIW
jimB

Muthah+ said...

Absoutely wonderful, my dear! But Louis couldn't have worn the dress as well!

June Butler said...

Elizabeth, how flattering. He could have done a bit better with the coloring on the forehead, but otherwise it's splendid.

What's the little animal crawling up your arm? Some symbol of great significance, I'm sure.

Jane R said...

Elizabeth, you look fabulous as QEI. But I do agree that darling Louie would dispute you the title. Blessings on you both. There is room in the realm of Godde (and of Newark) for much royalty, per our baptismal titles!

Love and elegance,
Jane

P.S. Lauren, have you not seen the photo of Louie in the feather boa? I assure you he would wear the pearls and embroidery quite well.

Mary Sue said...

Mr. Cantrell is just jealous he will not be spending many, many hours deeply immersed in legislative activity and Robert's Rules of Order. Because we all know that the fun of serving on committees is compounded exponentially when you're an officer!

Congratulations!

Magdalene6127 said...

Gee, Elizabeth... now that I see the picture myself... I'm kinda jealous. You look aweseom!

Mags