Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mid-week joke


Why am I not laughing?

Must have lost my sense of humor in the midst of all that "quiet, contemplative" time I've been having this Advent.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Sorry, gotta run. Mass at 7 AM and a day that won't end until after Vestry meeting tonight around 10 or 10:30 and visiting with a few Old Souls in between.

If you see God, tell Her we are not amused.

6 comments:

Fran said...

God bless you, o woman of way more than one day a week of work.

Come, o wisdom come, hear our call today.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Ah, yes. The O Antiphons begin today

Anonymous said...

Prayers go with you today, Elizabeth. Hope you get a breather some place in between today's activities!

Frair John said...

Oh yea.
The Three worst jobs to be in before Christmas:
1- Clergy
2- Retail
3- Teaching

I'll light a candel for you tonight before Evensong.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Sorry, I just noticed that the time stamp is wrong on this one. I actually started writing it the night before, but published it at around 6:15 AM this morning. I guess that's a quirk of how Blogspot works.

Anyway, my apologies if there was any confusion.

Thanks for your prayers, Fran, Whitey and Friar John. It brings me great comfort to know, especially in those moments when I can feel the burden begin to stoop my shoulders, that you and so many others unknown to me, are lifting me up in prayer.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

With prayers, too, for all those in Teaching and Retail and all those who are unemployed.