Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Padre Mickey's Refreshment Fund


It's a mad scheme by two priest for a fellow priest.

Padre Mickey is hoping to take a well-deserved sabbatical from his thriving Panamanian congregation. The hope is that we can raise some money so he and his lovely wife, Mona, can have a proper sabbatical.

You can read all the details over at MadPriest's Place.

Basically, here's the scheme:

"The Padre Mickey Restoration Appeal starts now and will end on the 3rd. April 2009.

Our first main aim is to raise $1000 so that Mickey and Mona can pay for somewhere to live while they are in the States.

Our second aim is to get them some spending money (for things like eating, going out, that sort of stuff).

Our third aim, if we achieve the first two, is to send some money to Mickey's church in Panama to help pay for some major restoration work that needs doing on their church hall."


You can contribute via PayPal by clicking on the "donate" button on the top of the column on your right.

If you prefer, you may send your checks (or cheques) or money orders, made out to The Episcopal Church of St. Paul and marked "City of God Appeal" to:


The Episcopal Church of St. Paul
200 Main Street
Chatham, NJ (USA) 07928


Thanks for your generosity and kindness. Let's give Padre Mickey and his lovely wife Mona a time of re-creation and refreshment.

God knows, no one deserves it more.

Except, perhaps, for Madpriest, but then again, Mimi will be there soon enough to take care of things.

8 comments:

June Butler said...

Elizabeth, this is an excellent thing that you do. I can't think of two better and more deserving folks than El Padre and the Lovely Mona. Besides, El Padre makes me laugh, and I'll take the laughs I can get with much gratitude.

You probably won't believe me, but I gave my bit yesterday at the other website that takes donations for Padre and Mona. Had I known you were doing this, I would have waited a day.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

I believe you, Mimi. You're planning a Very Important Trip - and part of the "refreshment" plan for Maddy.

Brother David said...

Mother, I recently opened a bank account there in the US (I did it all online!) that is also here in Mexico, HSBC.

One of the things I can do with this account, also from the comfort of my computer, is send out checks directly from the bank. So my first ever use of this is on the way. I had to set this up in the bank's format, which is directed more to folks who pay bills, so it should say City of God Appeal where a billing account number should go.

I am excited to help, but a little nervous using a new thing like this. I hope that it gets there OK.

I did this because I felt bad that PayPal took so much of the money that we collected last time, as a fee. I encourage folks to use a check or money order directly sent to Mother Elizabeth & The Episcopal Church of St. Paul, or the MadPriest & St. Francis House if you are in the UK or Europe, so that all of the money you donate goes to Padre Mickey and the Lovely Mona and not to PayPal.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Bless you, Dahveed! Prayers for banks are not my strong suit, but for you, I'll storm heaven. And, let you know how it worked.

Mary Sue said...

David, I have a similar thingamajimmie, and I've never had problems with it. Actually, it's still got St. Paul's address in it from the City of God appeal!

I get paid on Friday. Someone remind me, eh?

Fran said...

Que bueno. I'm in!

susan s. said...

I sent from MP's blog.
Are you going to be making updates? Or is there just not enough time to do that?

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Thanks for your contribution. As for updates, I know that, on the close of the first day of the Appeal, we had received over $450 through PayPal alone. Too soon for checks, I fear.

It's really Maddy's thang. I'm just one of the Moneychangers. ;~)