Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, March 23, 2009

Playing for Change


My good friend Alicia first told me about this new movement. It's called "Playing for Change: Peace Through Music.

Their website says that they are a group of "artists and inspired people who have come together to connect the world through music."

They have started the Ntonga Music School in South Africa, the Tibetan Refugee Center in India and Napal, and the Mehlo Arts Center in Johannesburg.

Click here for Bill Moyer's interview with Mark Johnson who produced a documentary about this movement.

Alicia likes "Stand By Me." I do, too, but I must say I like this one best.

Start your Monday morning off right and visit their website.

You'll be inspired. Which, of course, is what they hope to accomplish.

3 comments:

Brother David said...

Very cool!

I wondered what happened to Little Richard. I see that he has moved to India under an assumed name and now plays the sitar.

Paul said...

Thank you, thank you! I have listened to Stand by me a few times. This is also very lovely.

Unknown said...

this is an amazing and inspiring movement! if you want to get further involved, you can do your part by joining the Online Street Team! http://www.ufanz.com/teams/playingforchange/templates/template2_d/home.asp