Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Saturday, May 31, 2008

And the band played on . . . .

Well, the Newark Bears lost in overtime, but they played one helluva game.

The St. Paul's Combined Choir sang The National Anthem beautifully. One of the ushers was watching us from the sideline. You could tell she had heard many, many church choirs sing the National Anthem many, many times. She actually looked impressed.

And, my pitching? Well, my form was great, but it was a good thing I didn't have to pitch from the mound or I never would have made it over the plate.

Sixty feet is a LONG way to throw a ball. Thirty feet is much more like it.

Even so, the old 'soup bone' is a bit sore tonight. I'll need to soak it in the tub and get Ms. Conroy to give it a good massage. If the Bears weren't rained out tonight, they just might have called me to help them out.

;~) Hey, you never know.

All in all, we had a wonderful time. AND, we made $500 for the music program.

You can see some pictures here. Enjoy! As you can tell, we most certainly did.

5 comments:

Desert Kat said...

And I am sure a wonderful time was had by all.

JimMollo said...

The handful of us who stuck it out until then end caught a pretty good fireworks show. Olivia INSISTED we stay til' the very end. It was very late in extra innings!

We had a great time!

JimB said...

I think we should all be afraid. Rev. Elizabeth made the jumbrotron! Can a mega church in Texas be far behind? (I suggest Fort Worth, they need to see real Christian priesthood there more frequently.....)

:-)

fwiw
jimB

Lisa Fox said...

Thanks for the report. And the pix you linked to are great.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

The word at church this morning - from the 8'oclockers no less - was that this was the most fun they had in a long, long time. AND, we made $500 for the church music program.

I would highly recommend this to any group.

We're looking now for dates to do this again before the end of summer.