Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, May 29, 2008

They say it's your birthday!


Happy Birthday, Bishop Gene!

You are a gift of and to the church.

(And you're parents think you're pretty nifty, too!)

P.S. If you leave your birthday greeting here, I'll make sure to send it on to +Gene later tonight.

7 comments:

Josephine- said...

Ah, Happy Birthday to my second favorite bishop (well come on, mine must be first).

I recently got the chance to see "For the Bible Tells Me So" and loved listening to his parents' journey.

Bill said...

Happy Birthday Gene. I'm half way through your book and love it. Many happy returns.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Gene! I met you last October in Princeton. The Eucharist you celebrated with us there was a true inspiration. May God strengthen you as you continue in your marvelous work.

Paul Davison said...

Happy Birthday, Bishop Gene from the southern end of the Diocese of Atlanta!

Fran said...

Happy Birthday Bishop Gene!

Your book is on my nightstand, I recently saw you in "For the Bible Tells Me So."

God bless you always good sir, you are a gift.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Happy Birthday, Gene, all the way from Kirksville, MO! Dude, you're my hero, and part of why I'm glad to be in an Oasis congregation in the Diocese of MO.

JimB said...

Happy Birthday +Gene. I was out celebrating mine (actually the 31st but my friend was available last night) so I missed the deadline.

Happy belated birthday!

FWIW
jimB