Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fire and Rain


The marsh is flooded today. This isn't even high tide. That comes later this afternoon, along with the prediction of rains and high winds.

Time to pack up and leave.

As I do, prayers, please, for those in the Northern Hills of LA which are beset by fire. I understand an Episcopal Monastery there has been completely destroyed.

Almighty God, whose loving hand hath given us all that we possess: Grant us grace that we may honor thee with our substance, and, remembering the account which we must one day give, may be faithful stewards of they bounty, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen. (BCP 827)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Elizabeth et al.! Go with God, and Godspeed. (Had no idea you faced this issue. Prayers ascending. Hope you moved the library to the attic! (kind smile)

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

All my important books are here at the rectory. I made it home safely, but the last 10 miles were pretty scary. Pouring down rain in sheets of water. Visibility poor. I'm glad to be home and in my own, cozy crib.