Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It's never been more important


Now that I have your attention . . . . .

Let us pray:

Almighty God, to whom we must account for all our powers and privileges: Guide the people of the United States in the election of officials and representatives; that, by faithful administration and wise laws, the rights of all may be protected and our nation be enabled to fulfill your purposes; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (BCP 822)

Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so move every human heart, and especially the hearts of the people of this land, that barriers which divide us may crumble, suspicions disappear, and hatreds cease; that our divisions may be healed, we may live in justice and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen. (BCP 823)

2 comments:

JimB said...

I can see the headline on wrong wing blog already -- Evil Cajun Grandmother Poses for Poster!


LOL

OK, I voted. My (who me bitter?) thoughts on voting are on my blog.


FWIW
jimB

David@Montreal said...

Amen Elizabeth Amen!

prayers acending from Montreal

David@Montreal