Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, April 20, 2009

A beautiful little girl named Sydney


Sydney was the niece of one of my parishioners and his wife who died of a brain tumor about five years ago at the age of eight.

The family is still deeply grieving her loss, but are now at the point where they are trying to 'make sense' of her untimely loss and terrible suffering by working to support research to find a cure for brain tumors.

Please take three minutes to watch this very moving video, then visit the National Brain Tumor Society at www.braintumor.org to find out ways that you can get involved.

1 comment:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

Elizabeth--thank you for this. On Saturday, one of my closest friends lost her sister to a brain tumor. Dear Friend's brother-in-law was diagnosed with a brain tumor two weeks ago, and one of his parishioners is also fighting one. To me, it seems that brain cancers are everywhere at the moment...

I'm passing that link along to Dear Friend and his family. I'm glad to know that there are things I/we can do to help.

Pax,
Doxy