Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Who woudda thunk it?


Howard Stern has 'come out' - in support of Gay Marriage.

You can find the entire quote here. This is an excerpt.

"My feeling about gay people is that we have a responsibility not only to make gay marriage acceptable and to make gays feel accepted as much as heterosexuals...Gay people are downtrodden They are beaten. They are abused for their sexuality, and it goes across race. In the white community and the black community gay people are the bastards of the world. And in order for things to change, because any one of you could have gay children, or gay relatives, or gay friends...we have a responsibility to make this acceptable, to get all this bullshit so that some gay kid going to high school doesn't get the shit beaten out of him just because he's gay...I'm as heterosexual as they come. What is this hang-up about gay marriage? Who cares? Get on with your life!"


If it's obvious to Howard Stern . . . .Well, I'm just sayin'. . .

Hat tip to my beloved David.

5 comments:

Utah Savage said...

First thing I've ever heard Howard say that made sense.

Fran said...

What Utah said.

Wow. Just wow.

IT said...

Dr Laura has also supported gay rights recently.

some people are figuring out that there is not enough love in the world that we can afford to squander it.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

It's not that I didn't believe you IT, it's just that it is so unbelievable, I had to check it out for myself.

WOW. ODM = O Dios Mio.

Matthew said...

Loved this. BTW, are you still doing first fridays? Loved all that advice. It has been one of my favorite things about this blog.