Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Friday, April 25, 2008

Got Gas?




Well, today's the big day. After last night's fitful sleep, I awoke at 5 AM and studied a bit more. I realized that what I really needed was a laugh. Thanks to Doug, my supplier, for providing these. He now has me completely addicted.

You know, I know this stuff cold - Bowen and Freidman, Erickson and Fowler, Buber, Whitehead and Tillic - but, put me in a room with three men asking questions and well, I suspect that at the end of it, my clergy shirt will be ruined with perspiration stains.

Thanks for your notes of encouragement, support and prayer. I find myself feeling lighter, knowing that you are lifting me in prayer.

Well, off I go, then. There are worst crisis in the world. It's all a matter of perspective. So, have a laugh at the latest gas crisis. I've got one of my own brewing - and, it's not in my car.

Film after 3 PM.

7 comments:

Josephine- said...

Good luck and yes a few prayers. You're "ending" this journey today and I'm "starting." While you defend I'll be taking the GRE, what perfect happenstance.

Muthah+ said...

Prayers ascend!

the Reverend boy said...

Prayers ascending ...

I'm sure you'll do great!

Ellie Finlay said...

I wish you well on your defense! Let us know how it goes.

toujoursdan said...

The gas crisis only going to get worse.


Gasoline could hit $7 a gallon in four years: CIBC - Crude predicted to top $200 by 2012 on tight supplies, pushing gas higher

JimB said...

You will be fine. I know there is tension involved, but you know your stuff and they will know that too.

Prayers for your comfort ascending.

FWIW
jimB

episcopalifem said...

Been praying for you TELP!

I'm sure you'll be impressive...