Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tim Wise: On White Privilege (Clip)

This is a very important historical overview of White Privilege. It's an important investment of 9 minutes and 31 seconds of your time. Please give it a listen and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Ellie Finlay said...

My goodness. My goodness.

Powerful.

And so very true.

episcopalifem said...

Damn.

The Dude is so right, so, so right.

Doing the same thing with women and homosexuals...it's all about perception. Perception that somehow, someway, I'm really a have...not a have not.

Might be better to just perceive ourselves as human, and all in the same boat.

Thanks Elizabeth. That was excellent. I may steal and attribute.