Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, October 29, 2007

Clergy Retreat


I'm on Clergy Retreat at the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort in Shawnee, PA on the Delaware Water Gap.

The Autumn weather is crisp, cool and absolutely lovely. I don't plan to play golf (I left my golf clubs at Llangollen), but I have a date with a friend to do some serious Outlet shopping and then a massage late in the afternoon, followed by a nap.

Oh, yes. We've had a wonderfully inspiring vision statement from our new bishop tonight which will be continued tomorrow morning, followed by a visit with our Presiding Bishop from 10 AM - 1 PM.

One clergy new to the diocese was overheard at the bar saying, "We have to BUY our own wine???? I've come from the diocese of New York, where wine was always in plentiful supply - and FREE."

Let's see . . . the Red Sox won the World Series, the Executive Committee has issued a statement about B033 and the Covenant Process, our new bishop is in the midst of presenting his exciting and deeply spiritual vision for our diocese, the Presiding Bishop is popping by from NYC for a cuppa and wee chat, and I'm going shopping, having a massage and a wee bit of a lie down before working a bit more on the third chapter of my dissertation.

Free wine? Who needs it? I suppose, only those who whine.

As my grandmother used to say, "God is good and the boys are working."

1 comment:

KJ said...

Oh my. Clergy at the bar. I don't think that I'm in Kansas anymore.