Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Red Sox Nation: Game Three


In honor of Game Three of the World Series in Colorado tonight, the following story. Don't blame me, blame Doug.

Two boys are playing hockey on the pond on Boston Common, when one is attacked by a vicious Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy took his hockey stick and managed to wedge it down the dog's collar and twist, luckily breaking the dog's neck and stopping its attack.

A reporter who was strolling by sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy.

"Young Bruins Fan Saves friend from Vicious Animal..." he starts writing in his notebook.

"But, I'm not a Bruins Fan," the little hero replied. "Sorry, since we're in Boston, I just assumed you were," said the reporter and starts again.

"Red Sox Fan Rescues Friend from Horrific attack..." he continued writing in his notebook.

"I'm not a Red Sox fan either!" The boy said.

"I assumed everyone in Boston was either for the Bruins or the Red Sox. So, what team do you root for?" the reporter asked.

"I'm a Yankees fan!" the child beamed. The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes:

"Little Bastard from New York Kills Beloved Family Pet."

Rock on, BoSox! Rock on!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Wow, that is an amazing story - and it somehow wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

I met up with friends for dinner in the city and had to figure out how to leave early without getting beaten due to the explanation.

doug said...

Sounds like a typical Boston reporter to me :>)

VTcrone said...

That story has been around for a few years. (Probably since '04.)
It does show you the true nature of the rabid Boston Fans. ;~)

GO BOSOX!!!!!