Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, October 22, 2007

I Kissed A Girl

The North American Convocation of the Most Holy Order of OCICBW meet in NYC this evening.

It probably might have been predicted: A group of people whose only commonality is their love of a British priest they've never met who is, nonetheless, obviously quite mad, gathered together in the City known as "The Big Apple."

And, I kissed a girl.

Ah, but not just any girl. I kissed Grandmere Mimi. AKA
"Wounded Bird". AKA Ms. June of the House of the Louisiana Belles.

While the NYC paparazzi flashed their cameras to capture the moment, Ms. June exclaimed, her voice dripping with the tones of a true Southern woman in distress, "Oh, dear! I do believe you have made me a lesbian!"

To which I responded, "Well, if that's true, then I do believe you have made me straight!"

And, a PERFECTLY GRAND TIME was had by all (despite the fact that I had spent 40 harried minutes trapped in the Lincoln Tunnel en route and missed Evening Prayer and the Ritual Libations which normally precede it in any traditional Anglican/Episcopal community of faith, but had a FABULOUS dinner of Mussels Provencal and Grand Marnier Crepes en flambe for dessert.)

Thanks to Paul for bringing the flask of Bookers which helped to steady my nerves until the waitress could bring the Pinot Grigo.

I understand pictures of "The Kiss" will be forthcoming. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

(Thanks to Doug for this picture.)

12 comments:

MadPriest said...

You know, there's something eerily similar about you two young ladies. The nose, the shape of the face. I am a bit worried about this - even I draw the line at incest.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Incest? With June? No, but it turns out I may be related to Luiz. And, we may be Jewish.

Hotchacha!

MadPriest said...

Jewish?
Yes - it would explain many things.

emmy said...

Well just look at the two of you simply beaming!

You know, Elizabeth, you really need to stop turning people into lesbians. You're destroying...wait, what is it? American families...the Anglican Communion...the world as we know it...something like that.

So...was there a life size cardboard cutout of the Mad One??

Dennis said...

What a fun night. We had a blast. It will have to happen again.

Bill said...

Sorry I couldn't be there. Sounds like you all had a blast.

Jan said...

Fun to see you both.

toujoursdan said...

It was such a pleasure meeting you. You are every bit the bundle of energy I expected. Hope we all can do this again soon!

episcopalifem said...

Bill - It would have been lovely to have had you there! It was truly a wonderful time.

I was hoarse by the time I got home!

Muthah+ said...

Sorry I missed it. With the installation coming up this week it has been too hectic. It is nice to finally see Mimi!

Paul (A.) said...

Actually, my dear, it was Blanton's Single Barrel rather than Booker's. A bit more restrained at 93 proof. In case you're ever looking for an alternative.

pj said...

Everybody's coming up Jewish, Maddie. Including that J.C. fellow you keep going on about... Gosh.

Elizabeth, you and Mimi both radiate goodness. I'm so glad to have finally met you.