Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The (Other) Kiss


Okay - I'm putting out an APB - All Points Bulletin - for a picture of "The Kiss" between Mrs. Bird and me.

There's a rumor circulating that one may not exist - something about weak batteries in the flash. Someone else said we moved too fast.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Look, this was an historical moment. Better than Madonna and Brittany on MTV. Swear. I've got YouTube and TMZ on the line, willing to pay BIG BUCKS for a copy.

I mean, we could use the money to fund our next meeting at our 'mother church' - St. Francis in Newcastle upon Tyne - in June of next year.

Why June, 2008? Well, that's Lambeth, of course! Yes, dear hearts, there will always be an England and, despite what "Akinola and the Alphabet Soup Gang" are proposing, there will always be a Lambeth - well, at least once every decade.

The presence of North American Convocation of the Most Holy Order of OCICBW would make a fabulous addition to the Lambeth Conference, don't you think? All that creative, mad energy in one place is bound to lighten the atmosphere and help those poor, benighted purple-shirted clerics get their minds out of our bedrooms and help to lower the "ick-factor".

Gosh, with that out of the way, they might actually get some theological thinking done. Whaddya think?

Or, we could use the money to feed a small, struggling country for a year. Whichever we felt a more appropriate use of funds gained in this manner.

So, c'mon. Give it up

Besides, you don't want that picture to fall into the hands of Maddy. You know his addiction to PhotoShop. It brings out the worst in him.


Just look at what he did to this lovely picture of the even more lovely "Reverend Boy" holding court! He's impossible!

And, you know The Bullies would love to parade that around to throw a few more stones at me (As some of us discussed last night, I do hold the all time record for stoning. Blessings on the one who said that the children's rhyme, "Sticks and stones my break my bones but names will never hurt me," was written just for me.)

If there is a copy (and Fr. Jake suspects there is not, citing what he calls 'divine intervention' but I know for certain that Bette Midler was NOT anywhere in sight) please mail it to me posthaste.

My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, Blessed Ms. Conroy thanks you . . . .

7 comments:

Allie said...

Sorry, I didn't get the kiss, but I did have fun with photoshop this morning... you're now in two places at once... (check it out at my place)

Anonymous said...

Gosh darn it!
I wish I had known about this. I'd most definitely have made the trip out... with a side visit to NJ even! (sigh)
Well, at least by not being *there*, I was able to be *here* representing everybody at Bruno & Jerry's "do."

Perhaps there will be a re-union in Anaheim?

KJ said...

Lizbeth,

We've already lined upn the OCICBW kissing booth for Lambeth. My thought was to have Mimi just monitor the behavior of some of the volunteers (Frank, Eileen), but given this turn of events, I guess we'd better put her behind the counter (I hope I haven't accidently used some kind of lesbianic code with that last sentence.).

Of course, we cannot forget our other project for the event, our sexual purity screening test (Beep! Beep! Beep!).

the Reverend boy said...

My dear Elizabeth, it was a joy to meet you and to spend time with you and everyone else!

Lots of fun and fellowship ... truly and incarnational evening.

http://www.teaheepeehee.wordpress.com

episcopalifem said...

I didn't catch either.

I have a few of you two together, but yer lips are faaaar apart.

Sorry. :-(

Dennis said...

when did the kiss happen?

I missed it. Do it over!

klady said...

Well, I SAW it happen, for whatever that's worth. You'd think with dozens of cameras flashing all night that the Big One would have been recorded somehow.

What fun. Sorry we didn't get to chat, Elizabeth. It was a noisy, crazy place and I was one of the few introverts in the crowd, being delighted by conversations with Tobias, Mimi, and johnnieb. Had I known that History was going to be made a few feet from our dinner table, I would have brought a camera, too. Maybe it's just one of those things meant to be handed down from one generation to another by word of mouth (or, when necessary, cyber print).

Hope we can talk next time. Glad to hear you made it home alright. Your journey reminded me of the last time (and the first time) I drove to Long Island this spring and got lost on the Jersey turnpike going home and kept running into signs I didn't want to see -- like "Lincoln Tunnel" and "George Washington Bridge." Your experience awhile back with the traffic ticket was the warning I needed not to bring my car. Imagine, I read your blog for driving instructions! (among other things :) ).