Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Episcobloggers Soire - Chapter II


These snaps came in from Whiteycat earlier today, but I had many miles to go before I blogged, so my apologies for the lateness of it all.

I did try to get some snaps up on FaceBook, but Lord, there has to be an easier way to do that. I think I need a tutorial, but I'll tell you one thing for sure: it any gonna happen any time too soon. We all seem to be in a race toward the finish line of the program year. Lord, have mercy!

Anyway, as you can see, we had a wonderful time. I have no idea what Padre and I were laughing about, but it must have been something filthy by the looks of it.

Ah, and here we have two lovelies - Tobias and Shel.

Tobias is, in fact, a lovely man. A gentle man. And, a scholar.

And Shel, well, I only wish I had the chance to hear her sing with her choir. I'm sure her voice is as lovely as she is.

Eileen came with her husband. It was wonderful to meet him and to see them both together and happy.

Clearly, they both love each other.

As you can see, they had a grand time. I think he was just relieved to meet us all and to know that (a) We weren't all recalcitrants or axe murders and (b) We are all real people and she had not made us all up as imaginary friends.

THIS? Oh, this, my friends, is the very picture of Evil.

It is fried vanilla pudding served - just in case you needed more calories - with vanilla ice cream.

I had a taste of it. Well, let me say this: This may be the very picture of Evil, but it didn't taste anything like that crap Marmite that I had once about 10 years ago in Canterbury and if I think about it too long, I can still taste it.

Blech! Blech! Blech! Blech! Blech!

There is a difference between looking Evil and tasting Evil.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. (It's in the Marmite. And, Vegemite).

As wonderful as this was, I think we all agreed that, where ever we eat next, it's gotta have Flaming Cherico as an appetizer.

This is Paul A. We had just finished a wonderful glass of Booker's together.

Can you tell?

He also carries a flask of Booker's in his jacket.

He's also going to General Convention in Anaheim, and his wife asked me to please watch over him.

I said, "No problem." Paul's my new best friend.

Did I mention that he carries a flask of Booker's in his jacket?

And this - this is just so wrong in so many ways and on so many levels.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The Devil made us do it.

Blame it on the Fried Vanilla Pudding.

You know, lots of people took lots of pictures. When they start going up on various blogs, I'll point you to them. Or, someone alert me so I can see them. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my own blog.

Until then, if you are on FaceBook, you know where to find Shel's and Allie's snaps.

If you don't, well, open a FaceBook account and become friends with Allie and Shell and some of the other Episcobloggers and then you can see their 'albums'.

You don't have to use your FaceBook account, but having it will give you the opportunity to 'choose your friends' and then look at their stuff.

If you want to. No pressure. I know some of you have strong opinions on the matter (waves at Mimi and smiles).

We're hoping to have the next Episcobloggers Gathering in the Fall. Location: yet to be determined. Stay tuned. And, start saving your pennies.

Or, as someone was heard to say, "Save your Green Stamps, for the South will rise again!" (Does that mean we're going to Louisiana?)

8 comments:

Kirkepiscatoid said...

I hate to tell you this, but I really really like Marmite!

I discovered it when I went to London last year to visit my friend C. who was on sabbatical and he watched me eat half a small jar in one sitting...and he was on the verge of retching and I was going, "WOW! Where has this stuff been all my life?"

I now order it from a website.

That fried pudding there? I would take one or two bites off of someone's and go, "Yeah, that's tasty," and I would be done with it.

All I can tell you is that I must have a mutated dessert gene.

motheramelia said...

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing. The Padre has added a few grey hairs in the last ten years. Of course I haven't.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Okay, Kirke, it does take a wee bit of weirdness to be an official Episcopalian, but that is Officially Weird. Blech, blech, blech.

June Butler said...

Oh, it does look like great fun. I'm so glad to see a picture of Mr. Eileen. He will love that name, I'm sure. Hey! It's the tradition.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo credits, Elizabeth, but none of these are mine! I know I sent you 18-20 images and several ended up on your original post.

episcopalifem said...

Yeah...Mr. Eileen was pleased to see I haven't gone totally around the bend and made you all up! He and I were grateful for all of your graciousness toward him.

And while I can't speak to Marmite, that fried pudding was DAMN good.

IT said...

May I make an advertisement for a blogger reunion in Anaheim of all Friends of Fr Jake, past and present. It will occur around the Integrity service on the eveining of Friday the 10th, possibly in two phases (before and after).

Please check in over at Friends of Jake go to Anaheim for more info!

You don't have to be a delegate, if you are already in the vicinity. I will be there and BP is going to try to get off work too.

Allie said...

I actually didn't bring my camera on Friday, so you can look at Shelley and Eileen's albums.