Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Friday, June 05, 2009

What a great party it was!


I really should be saying my prayers or reading Something Very Important before I go to bed. Actually, I should be in bed. I've got to get up early in the morning to be one of the presenters for Jon Richardson's ordination to the transitional diaconate. But I'm just way too excited.

I met them. Them. You know. Them, them.

Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito AND Ms. Egyptian Hippo of Love. All of them. All together in the same place at the Harvest Moon Brewery and Cafe in New Brunswick, NJ where some of the Episcobloggers gathered.

I was sooooo excited!!!

Here they are, discussing what course of action they might need to take should the waiter not be able to get the chef to make a salad and some guacamole for the Lovely Mona.

I was only able to hear bits and pieces of what they said but included phrases such as, "Well, I can sit on him," and "I can poke him with my stick," but I couldn't hear much because Gallito Mescalito kept saying . . . SHIIIIEEEEEKKKK!!

(There are no upside-down exclamations because s/he was speaking English. Well, Spanglish, actually.)

All's well that ends well. The Lovely Mona got exactly what she wanted. Twice.


Here's a picture Whiteycat took of me an Ms. Egyptian Hippo of Love.

As you can see, it was love at first sight.

(Notice how jealous Ms. Eileen is already. Not to worry. I got to be jealous of her Creme Brule which she shared with Ms. Allie.

There's Padre Mickey, the Lovely Mona, and Mutha+. Turns out, they have known each other for years - in another life - on another planet - in another galaxy - Far, Far Away.

And there's Allie, Mickey and Eileen.

Allie and Eileen shared a Creme Brule for dessert. I was so jealous.

There's Tobias holding court with Paul and Cathy and Dot. I didn't get much of a chance to talk with Tobias, but I figure we'll have time to catch up when we're in Anaheim for General Convention.

There was lots of beer drinking and table hopping going on, which is usually a precursor to 'dancing on the ceiling', which may have happened after I left but I didn't see it because I had to leave early so I could get home and be in bed at a decent hour, except I'm too wound up and excited after seeing everyone and I can't sleep anyway so I'm blogging instead.

That may not be the longest sentence in the world, but I do believe it's the longest one I've ever written.

So Gallito Mescalito and I stepped out for a bit while everyone was having dessert. I won't tell you what we did, but you will notice s/he is smoking a cigarette, looks Very Relaxed, and s/he's not shrieking.

Many, many pictures were taken. I'll be nicking them off other people's blogs in the days to come and posting them here. But for now, I'll leave you with this last one of Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito AND Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love.

They were joined by Padre's newest acquisition, which we named "Uugly-Googly-Eyed Lady Bug," who suffered a wee bit of an accident when Eileen squeezed her too hard (she's so enthusiastic, that one) and one of her eyes popped out.

Not to worry. TELP did emergency surgery with the end of her fork and got it working just as good as new.

There was a miraculous healing. Thank you Jeeee-ssss-usssss!

Hal-le-LU-a!

No, no. No applause. Please. It was all in a night's work for one of Jesus' own.

And now, it's off to bed with me. I won't be posting much tomorrow. Ordination in the morning. EFM graduation in the afternoon. Ordination party that night.

It's all just one big social whirl here in the Northeast Corridor.

A good time was had by all tonight. Wish you all could have been here. Really.

Thanks to Whiteycat for the pictures. More later. Promise.

24 comments:

Suzer said...

I sure hope I can go to one of those sometime! I'm feelin' all lonely here in Atlanta. Though we do have Luiz during the school year, which for the most part makes up for everything.

Maybe we'll be able to make the trip one of these days. Looks like y'all had a wonderful time. :)

Kirkepiscatoid said...

You got to pose with Miss EHOL? OMG; I am soooo jealous.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Fun! Lovely!

(the v-word is "fundiatt" ;=)

Allie said...

I do think the pace of that post aptly describes the evening!

Allie

Cardinal Pirelli said...

Fantastic pic of you with the HOL. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting. Glad you all had a great time.

June Butler said...

Looks and sounds wonderful, Elizabeth. You actually touched Miss Egyptian Hippo? I am so envious. I look forward to more pictures.

Fran said...

OH MY! I am so jealous- and to think I was just 2.5 short hours away... so close, yet so far.

Oh man, jealous but very happy for you all. What a delightful looking time.

Paul said...

What Kirkepiscatoid said.

Thanks for sharing the evening with us.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Oh, some of you have absolutely no reason to be jealous. You were all together in NC for The Wedding of the Year. Gimme a break!

June Butler said...

Elizabeth, that's quite true, but we are greedy. We want it all.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Yes, Mimi. It's true. Present company included.

Fran said...

Want it all indeed!! That is so true!!

Tobias Stanislas Haller BSG said...

What a joy it was! Wish I could have stayed later, it was so much fun, and so good to meet some who up till now I've only known by Blog!
I do hope some of us, and perhaps some more from the Cote d'Ouest will be able to find the time at Anaheim.

Lisa Fox said...

Thanks for the delightful report and wonderful photos, Elizabeth.

It sure is lonely out here in flyover country. :(

Muthah+ said...

Elizabeth, my dear. Gallito Mescalito is definitely a HE. Roosters are HE's, City Girl! Also when something ends in O in Spanish you can be sure it is masculine. Yo mama would not be pleased!

It was great fun. All my preconcieved images of people were trashed. Paul A. is not at all what I would have guessed, nor is Tobias. Whitey Cat is a hoot and it was great fun to put faces with the comments that so many have made.

But it was SOOOOO good to be with Anglicans and English humor. German and Scandanavians don't quite get there.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

I don't know, Muthah+. Maybe it was because GM had an accident and both ankles had been broken, but I got a really different vibe. Not sure, exactly. Maybe it's from hanging around with so many Episco-bloggers.

June Butler said...

Excuse me, Elizabeth, but for a minute I thought GM meant me, and I couldn't quite figure out what you were saying about me - what with the accident and the broken ankles and all. So now I share an acronym with the Pepper Person, and I shall need to be on guard.

susankay said...

It would be great to have one of these for the lurkers and posters who don't have their own blog. I have "met up" with Paul the BB but would love to expand the circle.

And the secret word is "discur" -- possibly "discourse"?

Anonymous said...

Yes, this was definitely a blast. We need to do this more often. Like the others, it was great to actually meet those whose comments or blogs i read.

I sent a whole batch of pictures earlier today so you all should be seeing more of them soon.

Paul said...

I confess to being greedy, though I tried not to pout after the grand wedding and all. Much as I wish I had unlimited time and funds to travel, such is not the case. So long as there are photos and stories that are shared I can be content. Looking forward to some followup on this one.

Muthah+ is quite right on the Spanish. But if I can fantasize about all hot men being gay, you can certainly assume female vibes from el Gallito.

Brother David said...

Perhaps the vibe is because The Red Bank and MG are a male same sex couple, but you know that there are hetero folks out there who can only conceive of that if one of the boys is playing at being a girl!

You lot were having way too much fun. I bet that dessert was really sweet. Too many of those and I would not only have to be dieting, but would probably develop diabetes.

episcopalifem said...

It was fabulous!

And the look on my face in that picture - where you are holding EHOl? LMAO! Too funny!

My weekend has been nuts, but I put up on some pics on my facebook, and I'll try to post to my blog.

IT said...

May I make an advertisement for a blogger reunion in Anaheim of all Friends of Fr Jake, past and present. It will occur around the Integrity service on the eveining of Friday the 10th, possibly in two phases (before and after).

Please check in over at Friends of Jake go to Anaheim for more info!

You don't have to be a delegate, if you are already in the vicinity. I will be there and BP is going to try to get off work too.

Tobias Stanislas Haller BSG said...

looking fwd to the anaheim get together.... t