Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, June 15, 2009


I totally nicked this from Lisa Fox's Blog, My Manner of Life.

At the end of our time together with Bishop Barbara Harris at the Women's Commission Celebration on Saturday, we sang that old Civil Right's Song

"Ain't gonna let nobody turn me around."

Our lyrics included:

Ain't gonna let no apathy turn me around.

Ain't gonna let no patriarchy turn me around.

Ain't gonna let no Anglican Covenant turn me around.

Joan Baez, made this song 'popular' in the late 60's and early 70's when the focus was the War in Viet Nam.

I suppose God's Rainbow Tribe would end the song with, "Gonna build a fabulous world."

Make up your own lyrics and sing along with Joan. One warning, however: once you get this song in your head, you'll be singing it all day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joan Baez often couples 'Ain't Nobody' with 'Oh, Freedom.' OK ... to the CD player and Joan Baez CDs it is.

Muthah+ said...

Heard Joan a couple of months back. She can still bring folks to their feet reminding us that we can change the world. And we can. Ain't nobody gonna turn me around 'cept Jesus.