Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Can I get a witness?

I should have known The Witness would be on it.

Go to http://www.thewitness.org

Click on "Contents" and you'll get stories about Resolutions A161 and B 033, complete with ballot results.

While you're there, browse around. It's a great online magazine.

3 comments:

just another piskie said...

Thanks, but again no names. I want names! ;-)

I'm tapping my toe and twiddling my pencil and waiting for names so I can drop a few notes in the (e)mail.

Have a safe trip home, Elizabeth. I'm a member of the Cathedral congregation here in Boston, and this Sunday is definitely NOT a "skip church to work in the garden" Sunday in my book. There should be some interesting conversation -- and maybe fascinating preaching. And a whole lot of gratitude for my local church community.

karl maria said...

Still can't find out how the various deputations voted. I guess I can always ask someone at the diocese, but I would have thought this would have been available fairly quicly. It sure was for the defeat of 161.

And according to one site, there were no actual signatories, but Bishops who concurred with the dissent, stood as it was read. Is this correct?

Jeffrey Shy said...

jfmckenna,

Really, this is not an appropriate place for that sort of post but, while we're at it, I am a physician and almost all of those disease can be the result of heterosexual intercourse as well. If you think that they are unique to homosexual intercourse, you are sadly deluded. If, however, you wish to post a vulgar and insensitive comment, then how about "coming out" and putting your name and a profile out where we can all see it? How about getting your own blog where you can post your message as many times as you like (I got one, they're free!)

Thanks Elizabeth, I am a newbie to these blogs but seriously interested in this discussion. I greatly appreciate your blog.

Jeffrey Shy
Mesa, Arizona