Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, July 09, 2007

God loves diversity. Amen.

It's strange to think that it was just a few weeks ago that our daughter Julie and I were in Colorado together.

She just sent me these pictures from her camera. Lovely, aren't they?

As I head off into what will no doubt be 100 degree temperature and soaking humidity, it seems strange to look at the snow covered mountains of the Rocky Mountain State Park.

Strange and altogether wonderful.

If we needed any more evidence that God loves diversity, well, we only have to look at all that God has created and, after each and every act of creation God declared each and every thing, "Good."

There seems no other appropriate response than to say, "Amen."

I'll try to remember that when my clothes are drenched with sweat as we put together a playground in the mountains of Belize.

1 comment:

wmj said...

Sister dear,
Were you to be in RB these past few days you would be happy to leave for your new destination.

Heated fog in the morning give way to haze and stifling humidity by afternoon, and has turned our little resort by the sea into a teeming and sweaty sort of grimytown. And, we ain't happy.

Have fun and take care of yourself. Looking forward to seeing you and for you to see my new space.

My love to you both.