Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Modern Litany for a New Era


The visual quality of this video is less than desirable but the audio is perfectly fine. This is Kate Clinton's Modern Litany for a New Era.

Well, that's what I'm calling it, anyway.

It's hilarious and serious and vintage Kate Clinton "Lesbian Mafia" shtick.

It goes like this: Kate will will chant the versicle.

The responsorial verse is, "HEY. HEY. HEY. Goodbye."

Hat tip to my dear friend Alicia for sending this to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it love it love it!!

Doorman-Priest said...

Did I hear "Talibangelicals?"

Oh Yes!!!

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

YESSSS - Talibanelicals. Don't you just LOVE it.

the cajun said...

This is priceless. Is this from Tuesday night following the inauguration?

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

I don't know, Cajun, but I suspect it is. I have to go listen to it again. It's classic Clinton - Kate Clinton, that is.