Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, May 06, 2010

NPR Spoofs Lady Gaga


Today has been a bit of a whirl, but I must say, I just love this NPR spoof of Lady Gaga.

I mean Nina Tottenberg.

Ari Shapiro.

Joe Palca.

Korva Coleman.

Robert Siegel.

And, none other than Michele 'Be-still-my-heart' Norris.

All of these wonderful folk in whom I place my trust for hard-hitting, analytical news and commentary, doing none other than The Divine Ms. Gaga:

"Stop calling. Stop calling'. I don't want to think any more. I left my head and my heart on the dance floor."

Sometimes, ya just gotta find your way to silly in order to make it back out into the regular, serious stuff of life.

If anybody can take you there and back, it's Lady Gaga.

But, to see some of the NPR gang make the trip sorta makes me feel like something in the cosmos shifted just enough to make things right with the world for a few minutes.

I feel better already.

2 comments:

Martha said...

This is great. I love it! Thanks for sharing. ;-)

RevMama said...

And Nina Totenberg reading the lyrics like a court transcript - what a hoot!