Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Eddie Izzard - Easter and Christmas

Okay, last one. Well, for today, anyway.

I love Eddie Izzard. Can you tell?

No, he's not gay. As he himself says, "I fancy girls. I also fancy their shoes, is all."

Sometimes, it's just important to have a laugh and a half at the end of the day is all.

Anyone who takes their religion too seriously deserves exactly what they get.

And, I suppose, anyone who takes their religion too lightly has also recieved their reward.

But, the one who loves Jesus and can have a bit of an outrageous laugh at organized religion in general and the Anglican Church in particular, now it is s/he who has come very near to the Realm of God.

Somebody say, "Amen."

3 comments:

Bill said...

Love it. The problem is that I get a stich in my side and then I can't breath right for a few minutes

episcopalifem said...

Yeah...I'm in love with the Izzard too now.

He's hysterical!

June Butler said...

Amen!