Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, September 01, 2008

Good to the very last drop

It seems impossible, but my three week stay at Llangollen ends today.

I'm heading to the beach in a few moments to soak up the last rays of summer (it's supposed to be sunny and in the high 80's) and perhaps have Thrasher's French Fries for lunch and then come home, pack, and be on the road by 8 PM.

Yes, I have been known, in many aspects of my life, to try and squeeze every last drop out of a good thing. I mean, if you don't, what's the point? Actually, I think it pisses God off if we don't enjoy goodness right to the very last drop.


I'm going to miss the glorious sunrises on Rehoboth Bay.


And, my "next door" neighbors.


Friday night 1/2 price Fish 'n Chips at Stoney Lonen with Ms. Conroy
and our dear friend, Wayne.


Watching the recently-hatched Baby Blue Heron
grow up outside our front door.


And, of course, the amazing silken soft evenings on Rehoboth Bay
and the once-a-month treat of a full moon.

It's been a time to pray, reflect, remember, grieve, celebrate, relax, re-create and, in the process, find healing. I am deeply grateful for all your private notes, and for Doug's outrageous ministry to keep me laughing.

All good things come to an end, I am convinced, so that we can appreciate them more deeply. I'm already looking forward to next summer, which will, of course, get me through the icy cold slop that is often winter in the North East Corridor.

Please do join me in prayer for all our sisters and brothers who live in Mississippi and Louisiana and other parts of the Gulf Coast as Hurricane Gustav promises to bring more damage than Katrina/Rita.

Here's
link to a page where you can watch five different local stations covering Hurricane Gustav - New Orleans: WGNO, WWL, WDSU, WVUE; and in Baton Rouge: WBRZ.

Pray for the people of Houma, Louisiana--a largely Native American community in Gustav's sights right now.

http://www.maroonspoon.com/wx/gustav.html

2 comments:

suzanne said...

I wish you a safe drive home. Thank you for all you shared. I hope the sun and the gentle breezes of Rehoboth Bay were the cleansing relief you needed.

I was sailing down there last weekend and what fun. It couldn't have been a more perfect day, and while I was bone tired from chasing 3 youngsters around the beach off and on all day, I hadthe was the deep sense of well being when I left. It's a great place.

Even if it is polluted.... I wish the state would fix it!!!!!!!

Fran said...

You must be in the car now... prayers for your re-entry. I so loved the photos and the impression of your life there.

Peace to you.

Mimi has a son who lives in Houma, he evacuated.

BTW they are fine for now- no power, but fine.

I have posted updates to her blog.