Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

WoW Cartoon of the Week: The Palin Effect


Liza Donnelly, noted cartoonist for The New Yorker, is also the editor of the new book Sex and Sensibility: Ten Women Examine the Lunacy of Modern Love … in 200 Cartoons.

Check out Women on the Web for a sample of cartoons from Liza's book - as well as some intelligent political commentary by luminaries like Whoopi Goldberg, Joan Ganz Cooney, Lesley Stahl, Peggy Noonan, Liz Smith, Marlo Thomas, and Lily Tomlin, just to name a few.

3 comments:

Bateau Master said...

Her speech reminded me of your quick wit and sharpness, no wonder I like her.

Do you hunt?

Cany said...

that's a beaut alright.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Do I hunt? No, but some say I'm a hypocrite. I am repulsed by hunting for sport or trophy but I do eat meat, chicken and fish. And, I do pull crab posts and eat my catch with great satisfaction.

And, here in Northern NJ, I am conflicted about the dangerous overpopulation of deer who not only ravage our gardens but are also a danger on our streets and highways at night. Some say the solution lies in increasing the number of hunting licenses but I'm thinking that providing lots of salt lick with birth control medicine would be much more humane.

My vegetarian daughter proudly tells me that "Vegetarian" is Native American Indian for "lousy hunter."

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?