Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Sunday, July 05, 2009

I think I forgot something. . . .


Let's see:

Bags packed? Check.

Boarding pass? Check.

Pack of gum for the plane? Check.

Kindle and phone charged? Check.

Church this morning and an hour in the gym? Check.

Car washed and full tank of gas? Check.

Just waiting for Ms. Conroy to drive me to the airport, but I think I forgot something. Something important.

Oh, I remember.

Prayer.


Prayer For General Convention Of
The Episcopal Church 2009

Almighty and everliving God, source of all wisdom and understanding, be present with those who take counsel in GC09 for the renewal and mission of your Church. Teach us in all things to seek first your honor and glory. Guide us to perceive what is right, and grant us both the courage to pursue it and the grace to accomplish it;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Okay, now I can go.

As Mickey would say, "See ya real soon. (giggle)."

2 comments:

JimB said...

Or my short prayer for GC once for each rosary bead, "Keep them from foolishness oh Lord" might work too.

FWIW
jimB

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Be good and be wise!

(verification word: sayance ;=)