Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, September 03, 2009

I believe we'll have us a little church tonight


They used to be the Five Blind Boys of Alabama. Now there are four and they sing with the incomparable Ben Harper.

You may remember their song, "Higher Ground." It was covered by Steve Wonder, who made it a HUGE hit.

It's been a long, long time since I've heard them sing.

This video is of their performance. Live. At the Apollo. In Harlem. NYC.

It's just what I needed to hear tonight.
"When my life is ended, my time has run out
My trials and my loved ones, I'll leave them no doubt
But one thing's for certain, when it comes my time
I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind
I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind."

"I got Jesus.
And when you got Jesus.
You got a satisfied mind."

Somebody in the church give me an "Amen."

3 comments:

it's margaret said...

Oh yah --feel it. yah! --(jumping up and down) AMEN!

Anonymous said...

Here's another AMEN! Great video.

susan s. said...

Yes, Amen... When I was a kid, believe it or not, Porter Wagoner had a hit recording of this. Of course it didn't sound anywhere near this version.