Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Friday, October 31, 2008

"I have been to the mountaintop . . . ."


Crispus Attucks fell so that Rosa Parks could sit,
Rosa Parks sat so that
Dr. Martin Luther King could march,
Dr. Martin Luther King marched so that
Barack Obama could run, and
Barack Obama is running so that our
children and grandchildren can fly."


Three people sent this to me - without attribution. If anyone knows who wrote it, I will be happy to give the author credit.

It's a beautiful vision, no?

6 comments:

Lauralew said...

Oh, this is wonderful. Thank you.

Fran said...

AMEN!!! That is great.

PseudoPiskie said...

I don't know who started it but I nicked it and gave you credit.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

I would love to take the credit, but I simply can't. If anyone DOES know, please fill us all in. It's beautiful, right?

David@Montreal said...

Amen Sister, Amen

Suzer said...

Oh, how beautiful! Thank you for posting this.

I had a conversation with some friends over breakfast, that in a way reminds me of this. I'll have to send them the link.