Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ouch!


Well, I don't know how I did it (maybe helping the nuns at OSH pack some stuff - or maybe it's when I did The Great Fall Migration of Summer Clothes last Saturday), but I've apparently pinched a nerve in my neck.

The result is moderate annoyance to serious pain in my neck and arm (Hmm . . . pain in the neck. . .Maybe it's The MadPriest Effect).

Anyway, it's not fun to type, so I won't be doing much of it today. Hoping the visits to the chiropractor yesterday, today and tomorrow will help.

Until then, keep up the good conversation about Muslims and Christians and "That's so gay." I've enjoyed the conversation.

Oh, and if you are of a mind, head on over to MadPriest and see if you can send him a few dollars to get a new computer. I'm putting a check in today's mail.

4 comments:

Erika Baker said...

Ouch!
I hope they can sort this for you quickly!

June Butler said...

Elizabeth, prayers for the pinched nerve, love. Take care of yourself. Unfortunately, typing doesn't help.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Ice it, ice it ice it, then heat it. Then alternate ice and heat. The frozen sack of peas/corn is a great neck icebag.

Ibuprofen is good, but take it around the clock to keep the drug on board.

Liniments don't have as much effect as the ice, but it does contribute to the "sackcloth and ashes" mentality of "being hurt". Smelling funny usually at least gets you sympathy, so "it von't hoit!"

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

I've been using ice and heat for the past 24 hours. The electro stimulation treatments at the Chiropractor's office are really wonderful. Wish I could have those several times a day. That and the hydroculator packs. Delightful.

Aleve ain't non too shabby, either.

Thanks for all your prayers.