Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Devastation


My dear friend Wayne just sent this picture of part of the Boardwalk at Rehoboth Beach.

He notes that it was taken on Thursday, BEFORE the worst of the Nor'easter hit on Friday, adding, "I'm afraid to see what it looks like, now."

Me, too.

Of your mercy and kindness, please pray for all those who live in the Atlantic Coastal area who are struggling to make sense of this devastation even as they begin to clean up and rebuild the damage.

Please pray especially for the beautiful soul of Terra Lyn Swinney, the 28 year old woman in Greensboro, NC, who died on November 11 when a gust of wind felled a tree which crushed her as she sat in her car with her son.

She leaves behind her husband, Kerry, her young son Tristan Douglas, her family and many, many friends - indeed, an entire community - to deeply grieve her loss.

There are no easy answers, no words to explain this terrible tragedy.

I only know this much to be true: Our loving God weeps for us even as Terra is welcomed into the loving arms of the Merciful One who is the Lord of Life, and rests now, bathed in Light Eternal.

5 comments:

Jane R said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. We in Terra's North Carolina community are grateful for your prayers and those of all friends of this blog.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

I can't even begin to imagine your grief. My own anxiety over what I imagined I may have lost at Llangollen pales in comparison to this terrible, tragic loss.

My prayers are with you.

Angela Shaw said...

Kerry, I'm so sorry for what happened to Terra. I hope you can find the courage to stay strong for your son. She may be gone but you will always have a part of her. I will pray for your family and her family.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Prayers ascending!

Fran said...

Loss is loss - the beach, Terra - may she rest in peace, Klady's husband, the Very Rev. James Jensen... My heart breaks and I offer my prayers for one and all.