Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gen Silent


My dear friends and spiritual mothers in the process of my Coming Out just told me about this new film Gen Silent which is scheduled to be released in May.

Indeed, Sheri and Lois are featured in this promotional clip of the film "Gen Silent". I'm so proud of them, I could simply burst.

The shocking, sad story needs to be told. The LGBTQ generation who worked and struggled for our civil rights, to whom we owe an enormous debt of gratitude, are now being forced back into the closet in order to survive.

I encourage you to watch this 4 minute clip and visit the website. I'm hoping to be in Boston for the premier - to support two women without whose support I wouldn't be here today.

We've come a long way, but we still have so much farther to go.

If you haven't been part of it before, it starts today.

Welcome to the journey!

10 comments:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

So very sad!

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

But hopeful, if we begin to take action.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

If anything, people need to know because people need to see that homosexuality didn't just spring out of the woodwork somewhere in the 1970's. I find myself a little slack-jawed when I hear otherwise bright people say things like, "Well, that just didn't used to exist until recently."

Riley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suzanne said...

This broke my heart.

Stu Maddux said...

Thank-you for the thoughtful post. I have become very close to Lois and Sheri as we have worked together on Gen Silent.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Stu - I talked with Sheri yesterday (her birthday!) and Lois and I will be there for the premiere - as soon as the date is firmed up. I can't wait to see the film in its entirety. And, I want to see it with them.

Riley, one of the things I will be doing when I'm in Boston is networking with some of the folks there on connecting with networks here in NJ to begin to educate nursing homes, assisted living centers and other medical facilities for geriatric clients about this important issue.

Joanna Depue said...

Very powerful.

Kathryn said...

So sad...What can we do to make things better?

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Three words come immediately to mind:

Organize!

Educate!

Activism!